-Adıyaman is one of the oldest known settlements in history. Adıyaman Palanlı Cave in the history of the city BC BC It is understood that it dates back to 40000 years.
– The historical findings of Samsin-Sehremuz Tepe Until 7000 BC Paleolithic, BC. Neolithic until 5,000 BC. Until 3000 BC Chalcolithic and BC. It was understood that the Bronze Age periods were experienced between 3000-1200 years. During this period, the region changed hands between the Hittites and the Mitannis, and the collapse of the Hittite State (1200 BC) began a dark period. B.C. It was founded in 1200 BC by the Phrygian State. No written sources were found about the period between 750 years. But; In this period, as the region began to enter the influence of Assyria, Assyrian effective seals in Samsat and the Hittite hieroglyphic inscriptions written in the village of Kahta Eskitaş, shows that the historical silage in Anatolia continues. In this period, the Kummuh State, one of the Late Hittite city states, emerged with the collapse of the Hittite State in Adıyaman and its environs. an>
-B.C. Although the region was under the influence of Assyria between the years of 900-700, the Assyrians could not be fully sovereign. Since the beginning of the 6th century, the Persians dominate the region and the district is governed by the Satraps (Governors). B.C. When the Macedonian King Alexander the Great entered Anatolia, the Persians lost their sovereignty and BC. Until the 1st century, the Seleucid dynasty of Macedonia ruled the region. When the power of this family weakened, King Mithradetes l Kallinikos declared the independence of the Kingdom of Commagene (c. 69 BC).
– The Kingdom of Commagene, whose capital is Samosota (Samsat), dominates the MS. It continued until 72, when the region was captured by the Roman empire and Adiyaman was connected to the Roman Empire as the 6th Legion. With the separation of the Roman Empire as the West and the Eastern Rome in 395, Adıyaman joined the Eastern Roman Empire. Since the beginning of the Islamic invasion of the region since 643, the Islamic dominance was established in 670 with the Umayyads. In 758, II was dominated by the Abbasid commander Mansur Ibni Cavene. The city, which was dominated by the Abbasid until the year 926, began the rule of Hamdanis. In the year 958, the region came into the hands of the Byzantines.
-1114-1181 years between the Turkish raids to the region. Between the years of 1204-1298 Samsat and the region seized the Anatolian Seljuks. The Mongol attacked in 1230 and 1250 is experienced. In 1298 the region and the region passes into the hands of the Mamelukes. In 1393 Adıyaman was sacked by Timurlenk.
– During the middle ages, where there was a great instability, Adiyaman changed hands between Byzantine, Umayyad, Abbasid, Anatolian Seljuks, Dulkadiroğullan and finally joined the Ottoman lands in 1516 during Yavuz Sultan Selim’s campaign to Iran. Adıyaman, who joined the Ottoman lands, was initially attached to Malatya, after the Tanzimat, while he was a member of the Maras Beylerbeyliği, a Sanjak in central Samsat.
– Adıyaman, which was in the position of an accident due to the protection of its former administrative structure from 1954 until 1954, left Malatya on December 1, 1954 with the Law No. 6418 and became an independent province.
– Administrative History
The city of Adıyaman, which passes through the Ottoman Empire to the Ottoman Empire, is located within the borders of Kahraman Maraş (Zülkadriye) Province. In the first years (1519-1530) Samsat is connected to the sanjak. It is connected to the Elbistan sanjak after 1531. In 1841, we see that the city of Adıyaman is the city center. We see that the city is being managed by a civil servant who works on behalf of the governor.
However, the word ğ District Governor. Was not found in the historical documents. In 1849 it was converted into a sanjak and connected to Diyarbakır. As of this date, the Besni, Kahta and Siverek districts are connected to the sanjak of Adiyaman. In 1859, when Malatya became a sanjak, Adıyaman was converted into a district. This situation continues until 01.12.1954 when Adıyaman is officially the city center.
Law No. 6414 dated 22.06.1954 with the towns of Kahta, Besni, Gerger and Çelikhan 16 connected with the sub-district Adıyaman. Then, on 01.04.1958, Gölbaşı was transformed into Gölbaşı on 01.04.1958, Samsat on 01.04.1960, Tutka on 09.05.1990, Law No. 1664 on 09.05.1990 and Sincik District in 1991. Today, there are 8 district centers of Adıyaman.
– The Story of the First Name
-Adıyaman There are several rumors about the name of the name.
According to the first rumor; It is connected to an incident in Perre. Seven sons of a father who worships PUT in the city known as FARRIN or PERRE, declare and declare that ALLAH (like Jesus says) is a man by destroying all the idols on a day when their father is not at home. When the pagan father learns the situation, he kills his seven sons. The memory of the seven brothers killed by their father