About Bingol History
Bingöl province located in the Upper Euphrates section of the Eastern Anatolia Region is surrounded by Muş in the east, Erzincan and Erzurum in the north, Tunceli and Elazığ in the west and Diyarbakır province in the south. The provincial territory is located in a transition zone between the high plateaus of the Eastern Anatolia Region and the rugged area in the west. The province is almost entirely mountainous, except the east-west Murat River valley in the south and the small plains along the valley. The boundaries of the Bingöl Mountains, which determine the location of the Palandöken Mountains and the Erzurum-Muş-Bingöl borders within the boundaries of the Erzurum province, render the northern and central parts uneven. Height of 2000 m. over 3000 m. the main mountains are; Karagöl, Devil, Karaboğa and Şerafettin Mountains. The south and southeast of the province are thickened by the Muş Güney Mountains and the southwest by the Akdağs.
– The most important stream of Böllf is Murat River, one of the main branches of the Euphrates. Murat Irmağı, whose width is 70 m from time to time, flows in the east-west direction in the southern part of the province. Göynük Water is one of the main branches of Yiğitler Deresi, Kılıçdere and Ardıçlıdere rivers. In the northern part of the province, Peri Suyu, which flows in the east-west direction and then turns to the southwest, is one of the important water resources of Bingöl. There are also many large and small lakes within the provincial borders. The most important of these is the Bahri Lake.
There are many small lakes in Bingöl. These are glacial lakes occurring in high places of mountainous areas. The name of Bingöl comes from these lakes called “eyes Bing. The mountains were called Bingöl Mountains because they were thousands of lakes, and later this name became Bingö, and the name of the city was Bingöl.
This area, which includes the
Bingöl region, has witnessed the migration and settlements of various
civilizations and tribes starting from 300 BC. The region has been under the
dominance of Hittite, Urartu, Per, Macedonia, Seleucus, Rome, sasani and
Byzantine. In 2000 BC, the Hittites founded the city “Vasukani” in the vicinity
of the Euphrates in Urfa near Mardin. At that time, Bingöl and its surroundings
were under the domination of the Hurrians. Hittites during the reign of the new
kingdom “Shuppililuma” “Hurri” prince of prince on the groom on 1360 BC, Harput,
Bingöl and Muş, Hittites came under the rule. The Parthians, who benefited from
the start of internal strife in the Roman Empire, began to regain the activity
they lost in the East of Asia Minor. Hence, the emperor Tiberius traveled
eastward and connected it to the Roman Empire under the rule of a prince (20 BC).
The region was managed by the Armenian princes, who protected the Byzantines
until the VII. Bingöl, which entered Seljuk administration after the Battle of
Malazgirt (1071), was one of the newest settlements within the provincial
borders and a small village. In the years 1080-1121 the region was captured by
the Artukoğullarının. When Akkoyunlu Uzun Hasan married her daughter Despina of
the Trabzon Greek Emperor, she built a palace near Genç District. 1474 Uzun
Hasan in the Battle of Otlukbeli, Fatih Sultan Mehmet defeated the region
entered the Ottoman domination. Shortly after the death of Fatih Shah Ismail
seized the region. However, the defeat of Yavuz Sultan Selim in the Battle of
Çaldıran and the region was captured by the Ottomans. In 1515 he joined the
lands of the Ottoman
– The settlement, which was the first name, was connected to the Diyarbekir sanjak in 1848. In 1880, upon the provincial province of Bitlis, there was an accident in the province of Genç. With the construction of the provincial center of Genç in 1924, Çapakçur became a district attached to it. The important centers of the Sheikh Said Uprising, which took a large area in 1925, were Çapakçur, Kiğı, Genç and Solhan. Çapakçur was connected to Elazığ with the connection of Elazığ to the district of Muş, which was formed in 1919, when Genç became a district of Elazığ between 1927-1929. In 1936 the city center was built with the name of Bingöl.
Most of the works in Bingöl belong to the Urartians. The Seritarius Castle is one of the three fortresses of the Urartians in order to supervise the region. King Kızı Castle (Dara-Hini) in Genç district which is believed to be from the Persians and Kiğı Fortress in Kiğı County, which is believed to belong to the Byzantine period, has only reached a piece from its walls. The Kiğı Mosque, built at the beginning of the 1400s, is one of the most important Turkish-Islamic works in the province. In addition, there are two settlements on the slopes of the hill 3 km.